CONVENTION RULES & POLICIES
These rules apply to attendees eho are in costume, regardless of being in the contest or not. If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected and tagged or if you are unwilling to comply with these policies, please leave them at home. Failure to willingly comply with JayZoMon's Pop Culture Expo’s official cosplay rules and weapons policy may result in ejection from the convention (without a refund) and/or potential legal action, if necessary.
*All rules and regulations are subject to change. *
1. JayZoMon's Pop Culture Expo is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings.
Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change. Swimsuit rules apply, if it is covered in a swimsuit, it should be fine. Be cautious of your peers. Footwear is required.
2. All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
3. Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated.
4. Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched.
5. COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. Do not touch a cosplayer unless they have given you permission. Unwanted advances could result in removal from the convention with no refund.
6. ALL costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check area. Security will thoroughly inspect and mark weapons of any kind to ensure that they are safe and inoperable.
7. All weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons and must be constructed from safe, lightweight material. Approved materials for weapons are wood, plastic, foam, rubber, cardboard, paper, and thermoplastics (worbla, sintra, etc.). For safety reasons, they must not look real.
8. After each weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security. Security will escort you to the Weapons Check area for inspection if weapons or props have not been properly tagged. Once your weapon(s) have been inspected, do not remove the tag for any reason.
9. All prop firearms must be incapable of firing projectiles and have an orange cap on the barrel. Projectiles or any type of ammunition are forbidden. BB guns, paintball guns, dart guns, blow guns and water guns and their accompanying ammunition will NOT be permitted. Air-soft guns must be rendered completely inoperable before entering the event. Full metal Air-soft guns are not allowed. Nerf guns are allowed, but ammunition of any kind (foam or otherwise) is prohibited. Nerf guns must pass weapons check and will have triggers zip-tied to prevent guns from firing.
Real firearms, regardless of any degree of disassembling, are forbidden. Incendiary, spark-creating, or other flammable weapons are PROHIBITED. Likewise, any items classified as and ECD (taser, stun-guns, etc.) are PROHIBITED.
10. Keep prop weapons in convention areas. If you leave the premises or go out into public for any reason, please put away any and all prop weaponry immediately.
11. Bags and backpacks are allowed, but are subject to a bag check at the discretion of staff and security.